Please Reply with Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Farm Operations – Job Description
Fairview Gardens builds critical connections between community, agriculture and education by:
- Innovating and producing safe, organic, locally-grown foods in a sustainable manner
- Serving as a community-based educational resource
- Advocating for appropriately scaled, healthy food systems, and
- Providing engaging, hands-on experience with farming.
We envision a sustainable world for future generations where knowing the source of food is common knowledge and being connected to nature is common practice.
- Sustainability – We are able to replenish what we use and leave this world better than we found it.
- Community – A place for people to gather, celebrate and rejuvenate.
- Learning – Days filled with inspiration and excitement to learn about everything that keeps us alive.
- Abundance – As a community farm, food and resources flow to the people, while the farm thrives.
We seek a highly organized, detail oriented, reliable, self-starter for the position of Director of Farm Operations (DFO). This position requires a strong practical knowledge of agricultural skills and farm management, a broad understanding of community food security, and a passionate commitment to education and community building.
The DFO has primary responsibility for developing and managing the organic farm enterprises at The Center for Urban Agriculture at Fairview Gardens (CUAFG) in a manner that meets its business and educational goals. The DFO supervises any and all farm staff, including farm apprentices and works closely with other CUAFG staff and volunteer members who provide educational programming on-site.
Salary Range: $32,000–$36,000/yr, depending on experience.
Status: Open until filled. Continue reading