Brigham Farm is seeking an individual to staff three weekly farmers’ markets between June and October.
Brigham Farm is a 20 acre farm in Concord, MA, located on Rte 117 near the Sudbury River. Our fields have been in continuous crop production by the Brigham family since 1824. We grow mostly sweet corn, as well as peas, strawberries, and cauliflower.
At our markets we sell a wide variety of produce and cut flowers from our next-door neighbors at Macone Farm and Crooked Row Fields.
Farmers Market Position Responsibilities:
- arrive promptly to check inventory and load produce and market materials onto the truck
- drive to the market, unload truck and set up tent
- create an attractive produce display and original weekly marketing for produce (ie: recipe board)
- perform sales with customers using digital scale and calculator
- answer questions of customers about growing practices, recipes, etc.
- weigh and record all remaining produce at end of market
- load truck, drive back to the farm, and unload the truck
You must be available for every market, every week, unless advance notice has been given.
This position requires availability for the following hours:
Additional hours working in the fields and/or farm stand are possible, and will be discussed after applying Continue reading