San Francisco, California
At Good Eggs, we’re building relationships through better food. If you’re passionate about leading a revolution in how food is sourced, bought, cooked and enjoyed, there’s a place for you at our table. Check our current openings below for to find a better way to grow and a new way for you to thrive.
at Good Eggs (View all jobs)
About Good Eggs:
Good Eggs is an online market that delivers good groceries to customers’ homes throughout the Bay Area, seven days a week.
We’re making it easy for busy people to eat well at home by curating a marketplace full of the best local, organic produce, sustainable meat and fish, and delicious grocery staples. Order your groceries today on our site or iOS app, and they’ll be on your doorstep tomorrow. It’s that simple.
What’s driving us to get the best food into the hands of more people? Well, we’re on a mission to grow and sustain local food systems worldwide, and our entire passionate and creative team shares a common drive to change the world. If you hear that and think, “Hey! That’s me!”, please get in touch! We’re always looking for like-minded comrades to join the team.
About the Job:
As a Produce Supervisor, you’ll work collaboratively with a small team on the day-to-day functioning of our Food Hub. You’ll have a range of duties that help get great local food to our customers, detailed below. Experience and a passion for sustainable produce is required for this role.
Our Food Hub operates seven days a week, from 4am to 1am. The ideal candidate will have flexible availability as we anticipate working days and times will evolve over the coming months.
- Properly receive product as well as greet delivery drivers and farmers who deliver the goods and supervise staff acting as the Inbound Operations Lead.
- Quality control at receiving and throughout duration of product storage in our Foodhub
- Practice excellent produce handling to ensure high quality and delicious fresh produce.
- Inventory cycle counts and FIFO procedures
- Triage inventory issues, including placing last-minute purchase orders to ensure customers get everything they ordered
- Prepare product for delivery to customers
- Stock and organize on-hand product and packing materials
- Communicate produce quality feedback to internal teams to ensure a great customer experience
- Work to find creative solutions to reduce waste
- Taste delicious seasonal produce to ensure quality
- Manage produce storage conditions, systems and equipment to ensure optimal quality and shelf life
- Help develop daily and weekly schedule for Produce Team activities
- Monitor and document team attendance and performance, then deliver feedback or disciplinary action if necessary
- Provide guidance and support to Produce Team members in the completion of daily tasks
Special Projects & General Support for overall goals of Produce program; may include:
- Ordering & Merchandising Support
- Placing orders
- Managing Marketplace product listings that vary by weight
- Managing catalog products that yield multiple Marketplace products (bunched vs loose beets e.g.)
- Bundle management and other merch tools to reduce spoilage
- Review spoilage metrics and communicate them to the purchasing team and staff
- Manage photo process (coordinating product shoots, matching photo to current product)
- Create and document SOPs for current processes within Produce Team
- Implement the weekly produce team accountability reports to improve overall produce quality and operational efficiency, take disciplinary action if necessary
- Developing & implementing training programs
- Cross-team communication around new process roll-outs, changes, etc
- High School diploma or equivalent. College degree a plus.
- 3 or more years of produce experience. Work in the areas of farming, farmers’ markets, grocery a plus
- Experience working in a team environment
- Leadership experience
- Outstanding communication skills
- Time management skills; experience working on a deadline
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills; ability to learn and use inventory management software
- Passion for high quality produce
- Hands-on approach to leadership
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A hustle mentality
- Team-oriented mindset
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Deepen your knowledge of locally produced food by engaging with our producer and eater community.
- Incredible work environment with passionate, accomplished team members.
- Locally-sourced team meals made by our on-site chefs, team visits to our local farmers and foodmakers, and employee discounts on amazing local food!
- Most of all — Good Eggs offers an opportunity to use your energy, creativity and enthusiasm to participate in building a better food system.
- Please use the online Application Form
- Your resume
- A short cover letter (about 100 words), describing
- Your interest in working for Good Eggs
- Your previous warehousing or management experience