Pittsboro, North Carolina
The Membership Coordinator is a full-time (40 hrs/wk) position with the Carolina Farm Stewardship Association (CFSA). The Coordinator is based in CFSA’s Pittsboro, NC office and works in concert with other staff to assist with CFSA member satisfaction, recruitment, retention, and support. The Coordinator will also assist with fundraising efforts, public outreach, and communication strategies towards growing our mission, strengthening our infrastructure, and increasing our membership base and support.
> See the full job description at: http://carolinafarmstewards.org/jobopening.shtml
The Membership Coordinator position is a full-time, salaried position that will oversee the operation of CFSA’s membership database, including the online store, regional listservs, donations, and services to CFSA members such as renewals, event registrations, and subscriptions. This will include working with other CFSA staff to coordinate event availability, mailing lists, and communications to members. Additionally, the Membership Coordinator will conduct member satisfaction surveys, maintain and cultivate relationships with current and prospective members, assist with fundraising and communication activities and strategies, and perform occasional ambassadorial functions on behalf of CFSA.
MEMBERSHIP AND DATABASE ADMINISTRATION
- Maintain & administer CFSA’s contact database, including creation of new records, updating current records, deletion of duplicate records, processing membership renewals.
- Maintain & administer CFSA’s online store, including event registrations.
- Assist members in accessing online resources including member renewals, record updates, event registration, listserv or eNews subscriptions, and information on the CFSA website.
- Answer questions and phone calls and direct members and the general public to other helpful resources such as CFSA publications, CFSA staff, allied organizations, etc.
- Maintain and update CFSA’s local food finder database and website, including assisting members in creating and updating their online listings.
- Administer CFSA’s regional listservs.
- Utilize the database as a management tool for assessing membership demographics and retention, and facilitating donor communications and solicitation campaigns.
- Assist the Development Director in cultivating, stewarding and soliciting individuals through donor communications and fundraising campaigns.
- Assist the Development Director in cultivating and stewarding volunteers for leadership groups.
- Assist multiple staff in coordinating special events, and outreach/awareness initiatives.
- Assist in building our base of supporters by researching prospective individuals, corporations and foundations.
MEMBERSHIP OUTREACH AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Coordinate communications in concert with multiple staff to members, donors, prospects and volunteers.
- Work with multiple staff to strengthen current member contacts and relationships.
- Conduct surveys to assess member needs, satisfactions, and dissatisfactions with the goal of increasing membership retention.
- Assist the Communications Coordinator with website support
- Coordinate CFSA blog, including recruiting contributors and editing and posting stories
- Assist the Communications Coordinator in creating and distributing media releases
- Maintain media contacts data, photo, video and audio archives
- Conducting outreach to allied organizations in promoting our events
- Attend select tabling events as a CFSA ambassador to communicate CFSA goals and programs, encourage & promote CFSA membership.
- Strong commitment to the values embodied in CFSA’s mission and programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, clear communication and writing style, organized work habits, positive attitude and work ethic. Able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with databases, online AMS or CMS software packages.
- Experience using WordPress.
- Comfort in utilizing Microsoft Office programs, especially spreadsheets and mail merge.
- Excellent customer service skills in person, on the phone, and through virtual media.
- Experience writing media releases, working with the media and public relations.
- Able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and work comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree; equivalent experience may be substituted for college credit.
CFSA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and people of color. To apply, submit a resume, list of professional references and a cover letter explaining why you want to work to support local, organic agriculture to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 22, 2012, including “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line. You will receive electronic confirmation of your email submission. No calls, please.