Norwell Farms is a 501c(3), non-profit community farm in historic Norwell, MA, a small town located about 25 miles south of Boston. We have just been awarded a license from the Town of Norwell which expands our farm to 7.34 acres at Historic Jacobs Farm. We currently have a 100-member CSA.
Norwell Farms is seeking a Farm Manager to build out and run a for-profit, certified organic farm operation on the 7.34 acres we maintain at Jacobs Farms with the option to farm an additional 1+ acres at a satellite location in Norwell. Our Farm Manager will have use of existing Barns for storage and distribution, pick up truck, cultivating tractor, mower, fencing, drip irrigation and other existing CSA supplies.
Role of the Farm Manager:
● Develop and implement a farm plan for a financially sustainable, certified organic vegetable farm operation that includes servicing our existing 100-member summer CSA and 30-member winter CSA.
● 5+ years organic, vegetable crop production
● Previous experience running a CSA and hiring and managing farm staff preferred.
● Understanding of whole-farm planning, crop rotation, soil enhancement methods, and general ecological principles needed.
● Experience running and maintaining farm vehicles, equipment, irrigation and greenhouses.
● Ability to lift 50 lbs.
● Willingness to partner with the non-profit arm of Norwell Farms, which builds educational events & programs around activities at the farm.
Salary and Benefits: Compensation plan will be based on experience and the farm plan submitted. Housing is not currently available on the farm.
Our History: Norwell Farms was incorporated in March 2010 after the town voted to seed the start up of a CSA on 1.6 acres of town-owned land at the historic Jacobs Farm on Main Street. Norwell Farms has an all-volunteer run education foundation whose mission is to build education programs and events around the farm. We have sold out our CSA memberships each year and have equally strong demand for our non-profit workshops and children’s programs. We look forward to continuing this mission in partnership with our new Farmer(s).
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume, interest letter, three references & any compensation requirements to:
Niccole Bartley, Norwell Farms
Or mail to: Norwell Farms, Attn: Niccole Bartley, P.O. Box 5212, Norwell, MA 02061