Roanoke City, Virginia
Full Time Position; Year round, Salaried
$27,000 year plus benefits
Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op is seeking a reliable individual to join our team at Heritage Point, our cooperative urban farm in Roanoke City. Heritage Point, founded in 2012, is the largest contiguous urban farm in the United States, providing the Roanoke Valley with hyper-locally grown produce, and many educational opportunities, strengthening the local, sustainable food movement in the Roanoke Valley.
- Drivers License
- Reliable communication via phone and internet
- Ability to lift 50# regularly, perform physically demanding work in variable environments.
- Be able to work variable schedule which may include nights, weekends and holidays. Schedules may change on short notice due to weather, crop conditions, or other factors.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, absolute dependability and punctuality, and willingness to succeed in fast paced production setting.
- Supervisory experience highly desirable
- Significant experience in vegetable production, harvest, and post-harvest handling.
- Familiarity with tractors, irrigation, fencing, cover cropping, and pest management. Experience with natural production methods highly beneficial.
- Desire for a career in local agriculture.
Submit your resume with references and a 1 page letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or print copy to:
Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op
Attn: Farm Manager
1319 Grandin Rd
Roanoke, VA 24015
Application deadline January 4th. Start Date ASAP