Gaining Ground farm is looking for a full-time seasonal assistant farmer. We are an 5 acre nonprofit farm in Concord, MA. Our mission is to grow organic food for hunger relief with the help of volunteers of all ages and abilities. All of our produce goes to food pantries and meal programs in the metro-West & Boston area.
– Average of 40 hours per week throughout the season, April through October
– Includes greenhouse work, transplanting, weeding, harvesting
– Managing volunteer groups of varying numbers, ages, and abilities
-Answering questions/informal education about the farm with all visitors
-Use of tractor and rototiller
-Basic carpentry and farm upkeep
– Willingness to work outside in various weather conditions
– Ability to perform strenuous physical labor
– Comfort working with a variety of people: volunteers, board members, visitors, food pantry staff
– Interest in hunger relief and farm education
– Background in organic agriculture and experience working with the public is strongly preferred
-Tractor experience a plus
-Valid driver’s license
Compensation: Based on experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume to kayleigh@gainingground.