Boston Natural Areas Network: Composting Together
Position Available: Part-time, seasonal Internship (paid)
Job Description: Boston Natural Areas Network (BNAN), a nonprofit organization in Boston, MA, seeks a part-time, seasonal intern working July through September to assist with a special BNAN program. Composting Together. This program addresses the need for expanding and improving composting systems and composting education in community gardens around Boston. Work will include Saturday mornings and weekday evening programming, as well as some additional flexible hours. The intern will be involved in planning and implementation of the Composting Together workshops and will report to the BNAN Garden Educator.
Tasks will include:
- Acquire and deliver materials for composting workshops.
- Prepare workshop kits.
- Assist with handout/signage/video production.
- Construct basic three-bin compost systems.
- Assist with delivering compost education.
- Conduct online and print outreach for events.
- Participate in weekly supervisory meetings.
Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma or higher.
- Well-organized, independent work habits.
- Ability to communicate well with BNAN staff, volunteers and community gardeners.
- Knowledge of Boston neighborhoods and willingness to be out in the evenings.
- Basic construction skills.
- Knowledge of composting science and practices.
- Technical competence: web, office programs, and database experience.
- Transportation access: a car, bike or knowledge of local bus routes.
The salary range is $12-15/hour depending on experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.
No calls please. Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Application deadline: rolling until filled