Deli Specialist – Kitchen Manager Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op
Our Cooperative: Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op is a member-owned consumer cooperative operating a full-service grocery store in the Grandin Village and a smaller urban store, Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op Market Square, on Roanoke’s historic City Market in Roanoke, Virginia. We are also the proud owners of one of the country’s largest urban farms. Heritage Point and Heritage Heights are located less than 7 miles from our Grandin Road store and within the Roanoke city limits. We are dedicated to healthful foods and products, education, and environmental responsibility through the products we sell and the services we provide.
We are located in southwest Virginia and have been an anchor store in our neighborhood for over 30 years. Roanoke is approximately 4 hours from Washington, DC as well as 4 hours from Virginia Beach. Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, Roanoke offers a wide variety of activities in the arts, entertainment, and exceptional outdoor recreational opportunities.
To prepare, cook and present food quickly and efficiently. To ensure the smooth running of the kitchen, at all times and to supervise, train and motivate others all while giving exceptional customer service.
- Manage the opening or closing of the kitchen
- Prepare, cook and present food, quickly and efficiently, meeting our standards
- Assist in keeping the kitchen clean, hygienic and tidy, at all times
- Keep up to date with current promotions, seasonal events and new products
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Manage all kitchen-related office administration
- Manage deli staff
- Identify and take an active role in the recruitment of new staff members
- Use food development plan to improve the sales and profitability of the deli
- Maintain accurate food-ordering and stocking levels, including all kitchen materials
- Assist in achieving financial targets set for the deli
- Manage waste through correct product measurement
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings
- Carry out instructions given by the Deli Team Leader and the Fresh Foods Coordinator
- Physically demanding position, requires continuous activity, work in a cold environment and the ability to lift 50+ pounds without injury.
- Schedule: 35+ hours per week. Early mornings, nights and weekends, required.
- Pay Scale: $11 – $13/hour
Click Here to complete an application, or pick one up in the store.
Return completed application, and optional resumé and cover letter to:
Elizabeth Wilson, Human Resources Coordinator, Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op
1319 Grandin Rd., SW Roanoke, VA 24015
Only fully completed applications will be considered.