Production Cook Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op
Our Cooperative: Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op is a member-owned consumer cooperative operating a full-service grocery store in the Grandin Village and a smaller urban store, Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op Market Square, on Roanoke’s historic City Market in Roanoke, Virginia. We are also the proud owners of one of the country’s largest urban farms. Heritage Point and Heritage Heights are located less than 7 miles from our Grandin Road store and within the Roanoke city limits. We are dedicated to healthful foods and products, education, and environmental responsibility through the products we sell and the services we provide.
We are located in southwest Virginia and have been an anchor store in our neighborhood for over 30 years. Roanoke is approximately 4 hours from Washington, DC as well as 4 hours from Virginia Beach. Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, Roanoke offers a wide variety of activities in the arts, entertainment, and exceptional outdoor recreational opportunities.
Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op is looking for a self-motivator who enjoys working as a team member and can help maintain a clean, safe work environment. You will be preparing, cooking, and packaging a variety of ‘ready to eat’ foods.
We prefer 2 years of production kitchen experience, with a strong emphasis on traditional cooking fundamentals.
- Must be able to follow recipes and prepare and cook a variety of ‘ready to eat’ foods quickly and efficiently with strict attention to detail
- Must be able to evaluate finished products for flavor, appearance, and texture according to internal finished product specifications
- Must be able to follow safety guidelines and use caution in proper lifting techniques, handling of knives, and operating machinery
- Strong communication and excellent customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Sterling work ethic and a desire to excel while working in a cooperative environment
Physically demanding position, requires continuous activity, work in both hot and cold environment and the ability to lift 50+ pounds without injury.
Schedule: 35+ hours per week. Early mornings, some nights and weekends, required.
Pay Scale: $8 – $10/hour
Please Click Here to complete an application or pick one up in the store.
Return completed application to:
Elizabeth Wilson, Human Resources Coordinator
Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op
1319 Grandin Rd
Roanoke, VA 24015
Only fully completed applications will be considered. No calls or emails please.