Community Initiative Seeks CSA Farmer
Lokelani ‘Ohana, a Maui based initiative in the Camphill movement, is seeking a mature co-worker with experience in farming. Your work would be 90% on the farm and 10% working with adults with disabilities in our programs. Not a requirement, but they hope to welcome someone with experience working with biodynamic farming and a CSA who would work with others to oversee the farm. The farm is small but things grow all year and very fast in Hawaii!
Tasks will include
1. Management of vegetable planning, growing and harvesting
2. Oversight and maintenance of the irrigation system
3. Removal of invasive species (cane, pokey week, etc)
4. Harvesting, washing and boxing of produce
5. Maintaining soil health & fertility through the use biodynamic preparations and liquid fertilizers
6. Administrative functions such as working with customers, managing wwoofers coordinating work with the BD calendar [ED will help if needed], ordering of equipment, running farm related errands, managing the maintenance of the community area and maintaining records and receipts with ED and accountant.
Room & Board as well as a monthly stipend are included with this position.
If you are interested please include a cover letter with your resume and two references, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.