13000 HIGH RIDGE DR BRIGHTON, MI 48114
Agriculture Coordinating Supervisor
The Huron-Clinton Metropolitan Authority, a regional parks agency encompassing 13 parks located in five counties in southeastern Michigan, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of full-time Agriculture Coordinating Supervisor. Under the direction of the Deputy Director, position is responsible for technical, professional and administrative work in all phases of operation of Wolcott Mill, Farm and Camp Rotary.
Salary Range: $69,701 to $76,960/yr DOQ.
- Graduation from an accredited college/university with specialization in agriculture, food and beverage, environmental education, historic or nature interpretation or preservation, or a related field and five years of progressively responsible related experience in the administration of a historical site or parks and recreation facilitiy that offers food services, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in food sales and catering.
- Basic knowledge of the care of farm animals and crops.
- Skill in hiring, supervising and training employees.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, budget controls, auditing, cash controls and professional standards and ethics.
- Demonstrated knowledge developing and implementing interpretive programs and the ability to instruct school groups and make presentations.
- Knowledge of marketing and public relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and varied hours including weekends and holidays, depending upon Farm, Mill and Camp Rotary demands.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, filing and record management systems, computer applications such as word processing, data base programs and spreadsheets, and other office procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with the public, outside agencies and co-workers.
- Ability to perform essential duties
Click here for a full job description: Agriculture Coordinating Supervisor
To apply please forward cover letter and resume by February 28, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
ATTN: Human Resources
13000 High Ridge Dr
Brighton, MI 48114
NOTE: Michigan “Freedom of Information” laws require that candidate names and other information be made available upon request, unless the candidate has expressly requested confidentiality. The Huron-Clinton Metroparks will endeavor to maintain confidentiality and privacy within applicable laws.
The Huron-Clinton Metropolitan Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).