UPFFC Director Job Listing. The listing will be open through April 30, 2014. Please submit your application online throughwww.NCWorks.gov or call their office at 704-982-2183 for further instructions.
Upper Pee Dee Farm and Food Council
Director (Part-time, 10 hours/week, Independent Contractor)
“The Upper PeeDee Farm & Food Council encourages, supports and coordinates programming to build a sustainable, locally based, economically resilient farm and food system throughout Anson, Montgomery and Stanly Counties.”
- MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Three – five years’ experience in community and grassroots organizing.
- Strong computer and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
The Director of the Upper Pee Dee Farm and Food Council reports directly to the Council Leadership Team and serves as a liaison between the Council and community partners to promote the mission of the Upper Pee Dee Farm and Food Council. In this role, the Director must:
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with local farmers, agricultural extension agencies, community and governmental agencies, and other food councils to keep them informed of the services and programs available through the Council.
- Be thorough in planning, including timely follow-through and follow-up activities.
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, and evaluation of Council programs and services.
- Facilitate communication among the members of the Council and partners.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule which may include evenings, early morning, and some weekend work.
- Work with people from diverse backgrounds to include area farmers, county commissioners, volunteers, professionals, area business and industry, local governmental and public services providers, and the general public.