Program/Department: ReVision Urban Farm
Title: Assistant Grower
Hours/Shift: 30 hours M – F 8:00am – 2:00pm; some evening and weekend work
The Assistant Grower is responsible for assisting the Farm Manager in daily upkeep and development of the Urban Farm, located at ReVision Family Home. The Assistant Grower reports directly to the Farm Manager.
• Assists the Farm Manager in the daily management of ReVision Urban Farm.
• Plants, tends, and harvests crops, adhering to organic, sustainable farming practices as directed.
• Supervises volunteers and outside groups with support from the Farm Manager.
• Assists in weekly CSA production and delivery.
• Assists in ordering and pick up of farm supplies.
• Assists in running farm stands and markets and transporting produce to wholesale customers.
• Conduct workshops and other educational opportunities both on-site and in the community in concert with the Grower.
• Assists Farm Manager in completing administrative tasks including farm planning and record-keeping.
• Assists with ongoing progress reports and evaluations of all participants.
• Assists with on-the-job training and supervision of youth employees and job trainees
• Assists in teaching farm curriculum including basic farming techniques and terminology.
• Participates in and is engaged in outreach efforts with the community.
• Works in multi-disciplinary team approach with case managers and other social services departments of the shelter to enhance training for individual participants.
• Attend weekly staff meetings, in-service trainings, and agency workshops
• Attend additional trainings to enhance skills requested by supervisor or Program Director.
• Participate in and support the agency at program holiday events, rallies, fundraisers, retreats, walks, and any additional functions.
• Perform any other duty or task assigned by supervisor or Program Director.
• Previous experience and/or course work in agriculture preferred.
• Commitment to addressing food access in urban areas
• Valid MA drivers license with a driving record point rating of 99, 98, or 00.
• Strong written and verbal skills required.
• Previous experience working with homeless adults, substance abusers, or the mentally ill preferred.
• Able to lift 50 lbs. Job is physically demanding. Must be able to work outside in variable weather conditions.
• Carpentry skills helpful.
• Evening and weekend hours required on a rotating basis between June and October on Thursdays & Fridays till 7:00pm and Saturdays from 8am – 3pm.
To apply, click here to reach the Victory Programs’ website: http://tinyurl.com/n2mw454