Crop Management Assistant
The successful individual will have a strong interest in utilizing sustainable agriculture techniques to forge a career path. The day to day responsibilities of the Crop Management Assistant are to support Azure’s Agriculture Management team in the effective production of high quality crops. Azure’s management team will provide direction, materials; resources, education, guidance, instruction & logistics. The Crop Management Assistant will act in a hands-on capacity to carry out the day to day needs of the site, perform assigned tasks by the management team, and perform time-sensitive crop maintenance procedures.
The successful candidate will have basic experience in organic gardening and a desire to grow their skillset to become a valuable part of Azure’s agriculture team. Some training will be provided, but self-motivation, problem solving capabilities, clear communication skills, diligence, and attention to detail are all essential. The prospective employee should view this as essentially a paid internship position for the first 6 months-1 year, with advancement into other responsibilities within azure provided successful performance.
- Follow directions of Azure’s Agriculture Management team
- Assist and manage weekly harvest & marketing efforts
- Plant, weed, water, fertilize & maintain plants being grown
- Provide verbal and written updates of site to Azure’s Management team
- Provide site upkeep, maintenance, repairs, materials need lists
- 1 year minimum of Organic Market Gardening experience.
- Independent self starter & ability to follow directions
- Ability to communicate effectively & ask questions
- Basic carpentry, metalwork, use of hand and power tools
- Experience with Irrigation, disease identification, weed management & pest management
- Desire to make a significant impact in sustainable agriculture
- Experience in metalworking/welding/mechanics
Compensation: DOE + Sustainable Agriculture education