This is a job at a small private farm in Maine and the position is open immediately. The Employee is responsible for but not limited to:
- Harvesting, transplanting, weeding, pruning, trellising, thinning, managing irrigation systems, and pest control
- Some tractor and rototiller work will be required for soil preparation and cultivation
- Post-harvest operations will include sorting, washing, packing/storage responsibilities
- Transport and delivery of farm products will also be required
- Feeding, watering, general handling of domestic and farm animals
- Maintenance of grounds and gardens, including mowing grass, spring and fall cleanup, snow removal
- Previous experience with raising vegetables and farm animals preferred
- Familiarity with lawn mowers, week whackers, snow blowers, chainsaws etc. and able to perform maintenance and simple repairs on these common machines
- Demonstrated work history
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude and neat appearance, tobacco, alcohol and drug-free
- Follow direction well
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under challenging ergonomic conditions, including work that requires frequent crouching, bending and kneeling.
- Ability to regularly lift loads of 50 pounds or more
- Must be able to work outside in all conditions
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation is required
- Expect that employee has health insurance through partner or MaineCare/Obamacare
HOURS and PAY:
This is a full-time, year-round (12 month) position, averaging 40 hours per week.
Candidates will be expected to have flexibility in terms of scheduling. This position starts at $10 an hour with the ability to increase compensation once a baseline of knowledge and ability has been proven.