Full-Time Field & Production Specialist
Employment Dates: Seasonal Seasonal, March-November
Edible Earth Farm is a small USDA certified organic farm located along the Allegheny River in Tionesta, Pennsylvania. Edible Earth Farm manages a 250-member CSA program, participates in local farmer’s markets and supplies regional restaurants and institutional kitchens. In addition to growing certified organic vegetables, fruit, mushrooms and ginger, the farm also raises poultry and hogs.
The Field and Production Specialist will collaborate with the Farm Managers to ensure the daily functioning of the farm. Excellent leadership and management skills are a requirement for this position. The individual will have an eye for improving efficiencies, will maintain a positive attitude, have proven time management skills and have a strong work ethic. The primary responsibilities of the Field and Production Specialist include: field prep and cultivation, direct seeding, irrigation installation and maintenance, transplanting, harvesting, spraying, chicken processing, maintaining organic records, grounds maintenance and equipment maintenance. Individual will work closely with the Farm Manager and implement weekly farm schedules.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Maintain a clean, safe and organized work environment, demonstrating a commitment to safety
• Use time efficiently by learning what needs to be done and actively working to accomplish tasks with minimal instruction or assistance
• Experience completing organic certification paperwork
• Have a good understanding of quality and actively work to ensure that their work and product meets high quality standards.
• Ability to follow and implement a comprehensive farm plan for 20 acres of agriculture production. Oversee plan improvements and optimizations.
• Oversee the maintenance of facilities and equipment
• Perform field labor and work as part of the harvest crew 1-2 days a week
• Be a collaborative part of a team. Support other team members.
• Have a positive, enthusiastic, and supportive attitude
Interviewing for the 2015 seasons. Full-time hours are 45-55 hours a week.
Must be able to follow directions, take criticism, be quick to learn and be detail-oriented. Must be physically fit and able to lift 60 pounds. Must have a car for transportation. Non-smoking work environment.
Application Instructions: Please send letter of interest and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 814/303-9663. Must be prepared to provide 3 work references (not a relative), if you are to be hired.
$1400/mo. salary + housing + educational opportunities + fresh organic food
Learn about the farm at edibleearthfarm.com or check us out on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.