Long Island, New York
The Amagansett Food Institute (AFI) supports, promotes, and advocates for farmers and food producers on the East End of Long Island. We recently opened a farm to table café and a commercial kitchen incubator for the growth of local food businesses and the production of value added goods. AFI runs a farm to food pantry program and coordinates a farmer-to-farmer training program for young and beginning farmers.
We are looking for someone with a business and/or marketing background to help with education and marketing materials for the café and commercial kitchen incubator. This includes engaging the local community through the development and design of marketing and educational materials, growing awareness around the café and incubator kitchen, and some social media.
Our Ideal Candidate:
– Is knowledgeable and passionate about local food
– Is working toward a business and/or food related degree
– Has strong communication skills in both oral and written formats
– Has experience developing marketing materials
– Is able to work independently in a flexible environment
– Has experience with Microsoft suite
– Has knowledge of social media
This opportunity is for someone who loves food. This internship can be completed remotely from home or campus. If completed locally, it will provide the opportunity to work closely with young farmers and food professionals, network within the East End food community, and much more. It is an excellent resume builder.
This is an unpaid internship with a flexible start date. The internship will last 6-8 weeks. Class credits or work-study can be arranged.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org.