Second Nature Farm has two job openings the for the 2015 season! We are a 3.5 acre diversified vegetable and fruit farm in Norton, MA (40 min south of Boston, 20 min East of Providence). We grow over 50 different types of colorful vegetables and aim to grow the best quality produce as possible. All of our vegetables are Certified Naturally Grown (naturallygrown.org).
Each year our crew members learn a number of valuable practices amongst which include:
• growing vegetables without the use of bagged fertilizers
• making your own first-rate compost using on-farm ingredients
• extending the season with low-cost tunnels
• intercropping vegetables to maximize yields/acre
• marketing vegetables for CSA members and farmers’ markets
Our farm seeks motivated individuals with a strong desire to learn how to grow vegetables and ideally those who wish to have their own farm operation someday. Applicants should pride themselves in efficiency, attention to detail, daily improvement, and teamwork.
We are seeking to fill two positions for the 2015 season:
Assistant Manager (50 hours/week, April-December)
• Meet with manager every morning to develop daily farm plan
• Lead crew of 2-3 people to maintain speed and quality standards
• Head one of our Saturday farmers’ markets
• Minimum 2 years of vegetable-growing experience
• Strong leadership skills, ability to inspire others
• Ability to communicate details, mechanics, and necessary speed
• Ensure the work of crew conforms to farm standards
Farm Crew (45 hours/week, May-October)
• Plant, irrigate, weed, harvest, wash, and market our vegetables
• Help at one of our Saturday’s markets
• No experience required, just the strong desire to immerse yourself in growing vegetables!
• Reliable transportation
For more information about the farm, please visit secondnaturefarm.com.
To apply for either position, please email Adam Tedeschi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position you’re applying for in the subject line and attach a resume and cover letter to the email.