Looking for enthusiastic, hard working crew members to work on 127 acres of beautiful Skowhegan, central Maine. One Drop Farm, specializing in conscientiously and righteously raised certified organic produce (2 acres), seedlings, eggs (anywhere from 35-350 hens) and pork and we craft a line a value added products like sauces, salsas and dried herbs. We offer experience in 4-season hoophouse management in which we teach the fine technique of high-quality organic, in-soil, solar-gain fruiting crop and cold-weather greens production. We sell direct to farmers markets and to many area wholesale accounts including schools and hospitals as well as a multi-farm CSA we co-own. Skowhegan is gaining buzz as a very active local food hub. We are a farming family seeking a full season assistant manager and crew interested in being immersed in growing good food. Compensation based on experience. Please visit the apprentice page of our website to learn all the details about joining our crew:www.OneDropFarm.com and contact Ann Mefferd at farmers@OneDropFarm.com.
- Assist with greenhouse production, including scouting for pests and diseases, propagation and watering.
- Harvest crops, using proper harvest systems and post-harvest treatments and labeling.
- Assist with weed and disease management, transplanting, tunnel and field work.
- Operate tractors, delivery vans and other equipment as needed, based on experience.
- Assist at farmers’ markets, wholesale orders and on-farm sales
- Assist with cooler management
- Positive attitude, enjoying good communication with customers and volunteers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Able to work independently and in groups of workers.
- Able and willing to work full days of physically demanding tasks. These may be repetitive and strenuous, with occasional heavy lifting (up to 50lbs) and bending, kneeling, etc.
- Able to and interested in working efficiently and quickly.
- Experience with farming or horticulture work is preferred but not required.
- Inquisitive minds are strongly encouraged.