Near Chicago, Illinois
World Wide Farms/Meyer Farms Overview
We have a beautiful 30 acre farm with 9 greenhouses. We are located 30 miles NW of Chicago’s O’Hare airport. We have been certified organic since 1992. Our primary business is growing fresh culinary herbs, and we have added produce, eggs and honey in the last couple of years. We are looking to diversify what we do and move more to an agri-tourism model. The farm is fully equipped and there is a strong management team to back up our farm.
Farm Stand Manager
30 acre organic farm is looking for a Farm Stand Manager to join our team. This is a full-time, seasonal position which could become year round for the right person. We have been growing fresh culinary herbs for over 20 years, and began growing produce 3 years ago. 2015 will be our third year operating a retail farm stand on our farm property, and we are seeking a dynamic personality to help us grow and provide awesome products and service to our customer base.
The primary responsibility of the Farm Stand Manager is to merchandise and sell our products to drive and increase sales, assist in sourcing from other farms, provide farm customers with excellent customer service, and maintain records of sales and inventory in the farm stand. This position requires an individual who has strong communication skills, has experience in retail sales and customer service, and is highly adaptable in our entrepreneurial environment.
- Develop innovative, effective, and low-cost marketing approaches to increase overall sales, move specific products, and increase customer retention
- Keep records of sales and inventory using Microsoft EXCEL programs
- Provide an excellent customer service experience to retain and grow customer base
- Monitor farmstand inventory to assure freshness of available product
- Maintain and clean farm stand equipment and facility
- Hire and train farmstand workers, as needed
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, absolute integrity, and sense of fun!
- 3+ years experience in farm stand or other retail management experience
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Familiarity with inventory control, handling and merchandising fresh produce is a huge plus
- Availability to work weekends and weekdays– ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient using internet, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, must be able to stand or walk on both hard surfaces as well as in farm fields
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to work both weekdays and weekends
- Strong interest in and knowledge of local food
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus
- Must have valid, clean driving record and reliable transportation
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a resume or description of work experience.