Allandale Farm is looking for a hardworking, friendly, knowledgeable individual to manage and assist in the harvest, post-harvest handling, and delivery of our produce to our growing wholesale program. We routinely delivery to nearly 30 chefs and grocers in the Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. This is an excellent opportunity to meet local chefs and gain experience working with all aspects of diversified wholesale vegetable production.
This is a seasonal position beginning in early April and extending through late October. The Assistant Harvest Manager works 35-45 hours per week, with the option of Mondays, Wednesdays, and/or Saturdays off. Sundays are half days (7AM-12:30PM).
• Minimum 1 year experience in agricultural production
• Valid Drivers License
• Ability to safely drive a Freightliner Sprinter Van
• Ability to comfortably lift 50 lbs.
• Spanish language proficiency required
• Microsoft Excel proficiency a plus
• Tractor operating experience a plus
• Ability to operate manual transmission a plus
• Translate daily chef orders into accurate harvest lists using Microsoft Excel
• Deliver produce orders to wholesale customers three times per week
• Lead team of crew members through morning harvest activities
• Assist with other vegetable production work as schedule allows
• Assist with tractor work as experience allows
Starting wage is $10-$12.50 per hour, depending on experience.
Please email a letter and/or a resume outlining your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.