Boston Area Gleaners, Inc.
Harvesting for the Hungry
240 Beaver Street
Waltham, MA. 02452
“Dedicated to rescuing surplus farm crops for people in need.”
The Boston Area Gleaners is now accepting applications for Development Assistant.
This is an entry-level development position with a hunger relief organization that works with local farmers and other hunger relief agencies in the region to create a reliable surplus supply chain to vulnerable populations. The Development Assistant will assist the Executive Director in meeting all development goals for the organization as determined by the Board Development Committee. The organization is growing quickly so this is an exciting opportunity for the right individual who is interested in learning and growing with us.
Job Title: Development Assistant
Type: Permanent and part-time
Work Schedule: 20 hours per week, workdays are somewhat flexible.
Compensation: $14-$16/hr., depending on experience.
Duties: Donor data management, assisting with organizing and managing fundraising events, assisting with updating regularly all online development platforms on which BAG appears, updating website, assisting with all direct and indirect appeals, online promotions including social media, and the publicity of all development related activities.
- An abiding interest in our mission.
- Experience and/or a strong interest in non-profit development as a career.
- Job references that can attest to development experience and/or transferable skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An interest in social media as it relates to business development.
- Highly organized and skilled in both data and time management.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to numerous deadlines.
- Experience and/or interest in event management.
- Strong writing skills with interest in grant writing (may request writing samples).
- An appreciation of farm humor (there may be a humor test).
Please send your resume and an attached cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications to: email@example.com
Interviews will take place ASAP. The position will remain open until filled.