REAL School Gardens
Regional Director, Mid-Atlantic
REAL School Gardens seeks a Regional Director to lead the organization through the next exciting phase of growth, creating learning gardens that grow successful students. The Regional Director will have the overall responsibility of ensuring sustainability, stewarding key stakeholders, and successful program outcomes in the Mid-Atlantic region.
The ideal candidate is a passionate leader and communicator with a track record of successfully raising funds, engaging a variety of stakeholders and managing staff. Further, the ideal candidate is highly entrepreneurial, a self-starter and is enthusiastic about the mission.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to academic achievement through innovative outdoor classrooms and gardens and work with a dedicated team of talented professionals.
- Serve as a thought leader, spokesperson and driver of strategic partnerships in relevant education circles
- Lead the development of annual organizational short- and long-term plans in the region
- Lead the region’s program and fundraising efforts
- Identify and develop partnerships with school districts and schools in the region
- In collaboration with the executive director and program staff, ensure programs achieve clear, measurable results and the impact is evaluated and communicated
- Manage and motivate staff to achieve their objectives by providing necessary resources, professional development, performance management, and a positive work environment that supports excellence, cultural competency and mutual respect
- Identify, build, engage and lead members of the regional advisory board to leverage their talents and energy across relevant aspects of the organization
- Maintain and elevate the REAL School Gardens brand and reputation in Washington, DC and the greater Mid-Atlantic region among public, private and nonprofit stakeholder groups
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum five years of professional experience
- A track record of successfully raising funds for an organization or cause
- Innovative and entrepreneurial background
- A proven ability to move initiatives forward, identify opportunities, take reasonable risks, manage challenges, and achieve the desired results
- A strategic thinker and visionary with experience operationalizing a vision into a realistic work plan
- A skilled leader with an ability to motivate, coach, and develop an experienced staff and board
- Superb strategic communication skills and the proven ability to empower a diverse set of key stakeholders
- Positive, optimistic, and energetic personality
- Confident and inclusive leadership style
- A sense of humor and perspective
About REAL School Gardens
REAL School Gardens creates learning gardens in low-income elementary schools and trains teachers how to use them to improve student engagement and academic achievement. Our learning gardens are outdoor classrooms that contain a variety of features – including earth science stations, perennial beds, and butterfly gardens – and are designed for ease of maintenance. A diverse range of features helps enrich academic lessons for all elementary grade levels and subject areas.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter here.