Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
Island Grown Schools Fellow
Salary: $15,000 for 30 hrs/week
10-month position, 2-year commitment
Island Grown Schools Fellows are an important part of the work we do, bringing new energy, ideas, and insights to our program, while gaining on-the-job training as farm to school educators. These positions have great growth potential within the organization.
The 2015-16 IGS Fellow will support programming at schools serving students in grades preK-8. The Fellow will work both independently and alongside members of the IGS core staff, assisting with and/or leading garden lessons, classroom lessons, farm field trips, and cafeteria activities. Fellows may also assist with chronicling IGS program activities through social media outreach, writing blog posts for our website, and with video and photography.
Fellows receive regular on-site support and feedback from IGS Staff Coordinator, and are given opportunities to attend professional development conferences and courses throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passion for creating a sustainable food system and commitment to the mission of IGS
- Love of working with children
- Ability to work professionally and responsibly in public school settings
- Experience with teaching children in classroom and/or garden settings preferred
- Experience with social media a plus
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Kaila Allen-Posin @ email@example.com.