Seminary Hill Farm and Events Coordinator
Methodist Theological School in Ohio- Seminary Hill Farm
The mission of Seminary Hill farm is to provide the campus dining hall, our catering service, surrounding local restaurants and our growing CSA with a healthy, locally grown organic product. The Methodist Theological School seeks to connect the student body and their ecology and faith programs with a hands-on experience which will contribute to future community leader’s commitment to local, sustainable agriculture and good food.
Location: Delaware, Ohio
Status: Full time salaried, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Manager of Farm and Food
Job Summary: Responsible for CSA member communication, farm and events scheduling, commercial kitchen duties, expense and revenue tracking, hoop house work, transplanting, weed control, side-dressing and irrigation, harvest, washing and packing produce, transplanting and tending to strawberries and blueberries, attending farmers markets, pruning and trellising high tunnel tomatoes…and more. This position requires a high degree of flexibility. Job duties will vary with the season (farm) and the dining and catering service (spring and fall).
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work environment
- Develop a weekly CSA news-letter (seasonal)
- Track expenses and revenues and report monthly to the Manager of Farm and Food
- Assist in seeding, watering, harvesting and maintenance of hoop house (2) and farm under the direction of the Farm Supervisor and Manager.
- Assist in CSA member communication and distribution
- Harvest tracking and documentation
- Aid in kitchen work when applicable (prep work, front of house)
- Minimum one year of organic farming experience
- Minimum two years organizational administrative assistance experience or combination of experience and education
- Passion for local food and sustainable farming
- Experience in a commercial kitchen atmosphere a plus
- Social Media management experience a plus
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- High degree of flexibility
- Ability to work in a team oriented atmosphere
- Ability to work long hours under time sensitive demands
- Ability to lift 35+ Lbs.
- Ability to stand for 10+ hours per day
Please send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website at MTSO.edu or visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/seminaryhillfarm