Now Hiring – Program Manager. This is a full-time, year-round, salaried position.
To apply: send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Delite Primus, Executive Director, at email@example.com
•Application Deadline: April 9, 2015.
Program Manager Job Description
Position Overview: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the program manager will oversee the Youth Garden Project’s youth programs, collaborate with community partners, supervise Program Interns and ensure all programs align with the organization’s mission. This is a key staff position, requiring someone who is flexible, collaborative, able to work independently, loves to work with people, exhibits strong leadership, and is enthusiastic about using a garden as a classroom to teach academic and life lessons to youth of all ages and backgrounds.
The Program Manager is responsible for coordination and administration of the Youth Garden Project’s youth programs, including but not limited to: Garden Classroom Field Trips, Summer Camp, After School Program, and Middle School Class. The Program Manager works with teachers and schools to develop and build programming. The Program Manager collaborates with YGP’s Garden Manager to integrate youth into the garden space as much as possible andco-manage the YGP internship program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The Program Manager is responsible for the planning, development, organizing, staffing, and leading program activities in the following areas:
- Create, oversee, and develop youth programs including Garden Classroom Field Trips, After School Program, Summer Camp, and Middle School Class.
- Remain up-to-date on Utah Core Curriculum Standards.
- Develop or update Garden Classroom Curriculum based on teacher or intern feedback and/or change in State Standards.
- Build relationships with the schools and their teachers, and families of program attendees.
- Develop new programs by assessing community/school needs, identifying potential areas of growth, and conducting research.
- Inventory and acquire supplies for the infrastructure of the youth programs.
- Track numbers and budget for grant writing purposes.
- Provide a safe, active, and engaging environment for all students.
- Recruit & hire Program Interns.
- Conduct trainings and provide training materials for interns on YGP programs and working with youth.
- Facilitate an educational experience and provide a supportive learning environment such that interns grow as outdoor garden educators.
- General management of up to four interns including goal setting, scheduling, and mentoring.
- Compile and organize relevant education resources and keep resources current.
- Schedule, facilitate, and recruit volunteer teachers for community workshops on sustainable agriculture topics.
- Provide leadership in additional sectors of YGP including fundraisers and community events
- Schedule service groups in the garden and incorporate education about the Youth Garden Project.
- Educate and interact with the public about the mission of the Youth Garden Project, including giving tours to visitors of the garden and being a positive representative of YGP to community members.
- Highly organized & flexible.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and balance responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships across all populations.
- Candidate must have a minimum of two years prior experience in educating youth and an understanding of program management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Candidate must have experience managing people.
- Candidates with prior gardening experience and a working knowledge of plant life are preferred.
- This is a salaried position with compensation based on qualifications.
- Program Manager is eligible for group health insurance Employer pays a percentage of the monthly premium.
- Option for IRA contribution with 3% employer match.
- Paid vacation and sick time.