Palo Alto, California
Cookpad Inc., a Palo Alto based food tech startup, is hiring delivery drivers for its Farmdoor residential farmstand project. Someone who’s worked on a farm, worked at farmers’ markets, done CSA delivery, or worked with produce (grocery stores/restaurants) is strongly preferred.
“Farmdoor” (http://farmstand.me) operates selfserve farm stands in residential area. Members can get farmdirect fresh produce any time, any day, just outside of their house: We are currently running 6 pilots in Menlo Park, planning to expand soon. All our farmstands are located within close proximity of one another.
- Receive, pack, and deliver produce to farm stands (13 times per week).
- Follow stocking and produce handling guidelines provided by Operations Manager.
This would be a great opportunity for a someone already working as a parttime delivery driver or courier. It would also be ideal for someone looking for additional parttime work.
- Efficient, organized, clean, and professional.
- Ability to work on Saturdays or Sundays when needed.
- Available to do delivery between 810 am on delivery days.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Reliable car. Preferably SUV, large hatchback, or car with large trunk. Need to have air conditioning for Summer time. No pick up trucks please.
- Resident in the lower Peninsula.
- Lift 30+ lbs.
- Experience handling/displaying fresh produce is a plus.
- Familiarity with food safety protocol.
Compensation (this position is a paid independent contractor position)
$40 per delivery (delivery should take 2 hours or less)
13 deliveries per week (deliveries are shared among other drivers)
HOW TO APPLY Please email firstname.lastname@example.org Contact riel Russell (operations manager) email@example.com