St. Paul, Minnesota
Dodge Nature Center Farm Assistant ( Full – Time)
Dodge Nature Center, a non-profit dedicated to providing quality environmental education programs on its 462-acre nature preserve in West St. Paul, MN and Cottage Grove, seeks a motivated Farm Assistant to assist in the daily operations of its farm.
This is a fulltime, non-exempt position. Hourly rate is determined based on qualifications. Benefit package includes vacation, sick time, holidays, health, dental, and life insurance, and 403(b) plan.
- Provides basic animal care
- Agricultural field – Planting, weeding, and harvesting
- Barn cleaning and maintenance
- Land Restoration work
- Tree Care- Planting, pruning, and daylighting
- Basic repair and maintenance
- Operation of machinery
- Greenhouse work
- College degree or an equivalent combination of related experience and education is required in agriculture, biology, education, environmental studies, horticulture, or other field related to the primary functions of the position.
- Ability and motivation to study reference materials and incorporate that information into operations
- Ability to identify problems, develop solutions, and organize.
- One year of agricultural related experience preferred
Application Process Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Farm Director, at Doberdorfer@dodgenaturecenter.org.
Application deadline May 4, 2015 or until position is filled.