Successful farm stand staff will possess an interest in sustainable agriculture, healthy living, local food systems, cooking or related interests. As a point of contact for Land’s Sake, farm stand staff will learn about the organization and our many offerings, in order to communicate with customers on a regular basis as to how they can become involved with activities within the organization. Customer service skills, and attention to detail are especially important, and a good sense of humor and willingness to have some fun on the job will round out an ideal candidate.
● Set up, maintain, and break down farmstand, including produce displays, signage, and packaging.
● Maintain produce quality throughout the day (i.e. temperature control, hydration).
● Learn produce varieties, growing standards and farmstand products and be able to communicate information to customers as necessary.
● Assist customers, operate cash register and scales, answer questions, and bring awareness to additional farm programming/CSA/events as deemed necessary.
● Personable, good customer service skills.
● Cash handling experience.
● Be willing and able to work in all weather conditions, and meet physical demands of the job, such as standing for long periods of time, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds.
● Duration of farmstand season, roughly the beginning of June through the end October.
● Availability during farm stand hours Tuesday through Sunday, stand is closed Mondays. Flexible schedules will be considered.
● Competitive hourly rate, free produce grown on the farm, and discount on other products sold at the farm stand.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and 2 professional references to email@example.com.