Siena Farms’ Retail Assistant
We are seeking hardworking, high-energy, positive individuals who are motivated by a career interest in food and sustainable agriculture to join our team. Siena Farms Retail Assistants will be core team members of the year-round retail staff for our 75-acre vegetable farm. Retail Assistants will work closely with the managers and other members of the Siena Farms team to help professionally operate and grow retail sales at Siena Farms South End (106 Waltham St., Boston) and the Copley Square Farmers’ Market in Boston.
Retail Assistants will be held to high standards for organization, inter-managerial/crew communication, and work quality. We encourage a transparent and communicative working environment focused on respect and kindness for others, while maintaining a professional work ethic and schedule. A background in retail sales or customer service is required, as well as experience with, and passion for, farming and/or cooking.
The retail assistant position is a full-time, year-round position. Hours range from 40-50 hours per week, 4 or 5 days per week. Weekend availability is required. Compensation includes hourly wage, year-round CSA membership throughout period of employment, access to after-market produce, and employee discounts at Siena Farms South End, Oleana, Sofra, and Sarma.
- Greet customers and provide friendly and informed customer service
- Maintain a high-level of product knowledge and be able to recommend products based on customer needs and desires
- Perform daily retail sales using point-of-sale system
- Follow all opening and end-of-day systems and protocols
- Help maintain product display, product pricing and labeling
- Maintain accurate invoices for chefs and other wholesale customers
- Uphold a clean, organized working environment for customers and fellow co-workers
Please email a letter of interest and a resumé to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!