Food services for a sustainable future
Campus Engagement Coordinator
Emory University – Atlanta
Bon Appétit Management Company is seeking an entry level campus engagement coordinator that will assist with expanding Bon Appétit’s sustainability-related programs in cafés at Emory University’s Atlanta campus.
Duties will include:
- Working collaboratively with Bon Appétit’s Manager of Community Partnerships, chefs, and managers to progress towards Emory University’s sustainable Food Initiative Goals.
- Researching partnerships with local farms, ranches, and artisan producers for specific food items not currently procured locally.
- Assisting in the tracking and reporting of local and sustainable food purchases to communicate progress to the campus community.
- Helping the team achieve greater food waste diversion through food waste audits, the expansion of food recovery programs, and the launch of reusable to-go container programs.
- Serve as a resource to guests interested in understanding or strengthening sustainability-related programs in their cafes.
- Engaging creatively with the Emory community by assisting with the coordination of farm visits, cooking classes, kitchen tours, information tables, and various educational events.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Public Health, Communications or related area preferred
- Knowledge of public health, environmental and social issues related to food and agriculture;
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail and ability to manage multiple and competing priorities;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including comfort speaking publicly;
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Ability to think critically and to effectively deal with unique challenges as they arise
- Flexible availability to include occasional evenings and weekends;
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications skills;
- Proficient in social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Familiarity with the food service or restaurant industry preferred
Working for Bon Appétit Management Company will allow you the opportunity to work with GREAT people like yourself who are passionate about what they do! We offer a competitive wage and benefit package in addition to the opportunity to work for a premier onsite restaurant company with over 500 locations in 32 states.
For consideration apply online at: