Ecological Farming Association – Temporary Program Assistant and Administrative Assistant
Term of Temporary Employment: August 2015 – February 2016, potential for continued employment beyond February 2016, dependent upon funding.
Compensation: 20-30 hours/5 days a week, increasing to full time for EcoFarm Conference Production. Temporary position is not eligible for health benefits.
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: The job is based at the Ecological Farming Association office, located at the Park Avenue exit off Highway 1 in Soquel, a few miles south of Santa Cruz, CA, close to the freeway and bus line. This position is office based.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
The EcoFarm Administrative Assistant is the primary staff person responsible for keeping the office running efficiently on a daily basis. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, adept at managing multiple priorities with competing deadlines, and able to work professionally and respectfully within a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. Experience managing databases, filing, finances, and bookkeeping, are key components to this position. We are seeking a systems-oriented individual with proficiency in developing and maintaining efficient filing systems, databases, financial records, and carefully tracking administrative procedures. Administrative Assistant supports all operations as necessary.
Core Office Responsibilities:
- Answer phones, take messages, and greet visitors
- Monitor multiple email accounts; follow up on inquiries
- Maintain office equipment and supplies and co-ordinate supply orders
- Retrieve, sort and distribute mail
- Database management and updating filing systems
- Establish and maintain office procedures and records
- Support the Executive Director and his work with the Board of Directors, the Conference Planning Committee, and the Farmers’ Association
- Support staff, programs, and special projects, in particular, the annual EcoFarm Conference
- Assist with booking travel and arranging meetings
- Manage accounts receivable (AR) and accounts payable (AP)
- Review and prepare invoices
- Review employee timesheets for completeness
- Process bi-monthly payroll
- Prepare bank deposits
- Manage online merchant accounts
- Proficiency with MAC OS or equivalent OS
- Quickbooks, Excel, Word
- Google Docs/Spreadsheets, Gmail, and Calendars
- CiviCRM or other CRM and/or project management experience
- AV and IT equipment experience
- Interest in ecological agriculture: developing healthy, safe and just food and farming systems
Program Assistant Responsibilities:
Program Assistant supports all operations as necessary.
- Provides program support to the EFA Program Coordinator
- Outreach, communications, mailings
- Content and deliverables development
- Meeting coordination
- Provides EcoFarm conference support
- Assist with EcoFarm logistics as needed
- Support speaker coordination
- Overall logistical support of Conference production
To apply: Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- A resume and cover letter that demonstrates your accomplishments as they relate to the job descriptions stated above.
- Three professional references with contact information.
EOE: The Ecological Farming Association is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Process:No calls please. We will contact applicants selected for interviews.
The Ecological Farming Association nurtures healthy and just farms, food systems, communities and environment by bringing people together for education, alliance building and advocacy. To learn more about the mission and programs of the Ecological Farming Association visit our website at www.eco-farm.org