Clinton Corners, New York
Opening For An Entrepreneurial Vegetable Farmer
Historic Meadowland Farm (located in Dutchess County, the heart of the beautiful Hudson Valley) is looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial farmer to expand its vegetable and fruit operation. This is an exceptional opportunity for a young farmer (or couple) eager to lease land from a highly supportive owner on attractive financial terms and to build a business with the benefit of existing customer relationships.
We presently grow vegetables on 3 acres and have an additional 2 acres devoted to an orchard and berry production. Expansion is possible. A full range of equipment, dedicated storage facility/office, washing station, and refrigerated storage room are available for the farmer’s use. Also, a modern and private one-bedroom apartment can be included.
Meadowland Farm enjoys the support of loyal customers who visit us at the Pawling Farmers Market, participate in our CSA, or buy from our roadside store. We also have valued relationships with select restaurants.
Interested applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of growing and marketing experience
- An outgoing personality and an ability to work well with others
- Strong business development, planning, and problem solving skills
- A disciplined work ethic including a willingness to work in a wide variety of weather conditions
- Basic knowledge of soil/insect science and management
- Ambition to build a business and pursue a long term farming career
Given Meadowland Farm’s reputation, we encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible. For additional information, please go to www.Meadowlandfarmny.com.
Interested parties should send a resume, cover letter, and references to: Judah@Meadowlandfarmny.com.