DeMeritt Hill Farm is a 120 acre family owned farm located in Lee, NH located approximately 2 miles from UNH and 15 miles from Portsmouth. As a working farm, we currently grow: apples, peaches, blueberries and Christmas Trees. This is a well-established farm that has a strong following of customers that look forward to PYO quality fruit each season.
We are currently looking to hire a farm manager with an eye towards growing and expanding the activities that DMHF offers. This is a hands-on management position where you will be primarily working by yourself. The orchard owner and additional help will be provided based on need. The position involves working and supervising the day-to-day operations of the orchard and the farm. The candidate must have experience in fruit growing, and good organizational skills.
Specific Requirements and Duties include the following:
- Must possess practical orchard operation experience.
- Must be familiar with equipment operation and maintenance. Time management skills are a must.
- Day-to-day operations of orchard management include planting, layout, pruning, spraying, fertilization, soil management and harvesting.
- Oversee and ensure proper maintenance and installation of trellis systems.
- Ensure proper record keeping/guidelines for certifications.
- Oversee the preventative maintenance and repair of all equipment and tools used at the farm as well as proper storage of each.
- Must hold a current NH spray license or be willing to get one ASAP.
- Weekly update meetings with owner and family regarding current state of orchard.
- Ensure implementation and adhere to health and safety procedures.
This farm is visited by thousands of people each year that come to expect the highest quality experience. A key piece to the farm is Farm Manager. You should be personable, outgoing and can provide customers a warm feeling that they can’t wait to come back for their next visit. Please submit all inquires to email@example.com