Seeking: Farm Operations Manager / Groundskeeper
The Job: Family owned/operated producer and seller of 100% grass fed beef, seeks a farm operations manager for the coordination and execution of its new grass-fed beef operation, based in Mechanicsburg, PA.
This position is an opportunity to manage and build our grass-fed beef production company. We’re looking for someone with foundational expertise in grass-fed cattle farming and a desire to be accountable for the growth of a business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ration preparation and cattle feeding on pasture
- Cattle moving, sorting and routine handling
- Rotational grazing system management
- Permanent and temporary fencing
- Daily record-keeping and data management
- Maintaining the 500 acres (mowing, snow plow, etc.)
Qualifications: Must have proven skill in all forms of communication, large animal husbandry, machinery operation, fencing, data management, and general farm maintenance.
Ability to work independently, ask questions, handle challenging situations, and solve practical problems required. 5+ years experience in the grass-fed cattle industry, animal nutrition, and/or business management is required.
Specific Skills Required:
- Cattle handling and care experience
- Proficiency in digital communications, including e-mail, mobile phone and text communication
- Record-keeping and digital data managment
- Farm tool and machinery operation, welding, mowing, etc.
Start Date: Interviewing will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Compensation: Housing provided, health insurance, company truck, and possible sales comission, dependent on experience.
To Apply: Send résumé, including work-related references via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified inquiries only.
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA. Located just outside of Harrisburg, PA.
Who We Are: We started our farm to develop regional top-quality 100% grass-fed beef to local families and restaurants. This means our team manages both cattle production — specifically grass finishing — and all aspects of a grass-fed beef business.
We are a growing, family owned business with just over 100 head of cattle.
We look forward to hearing from you.