Hurley, New York
Hudson Valley Farm Hub
The Hudson Valley Farm Hub is seeking a skilled and experienced Farm Manager who shares our vision for a resilient food system grounded in equity and ecological stewardship. We seek someone who enjoys being part of a creative and energetic team, who has demonstrated success as a farmer, and who can help us create an exemplary working, living and learning environment on our 1,255-acre farm.
Our Farm Manager will oversee day-to-day operations, supervise farm staff, and participate as a member of the management team. S/he will oversee production of field and vegetable crops, ecological stewardship, and ensure quality and food safety for all products grown on the farm; manage applied research plots and the upkeep and maintenance of facilities, equipment and grounds keeping; and support whole farm planning. S/he will be responsible for overseeing building construction and equipment purchases, and monitor the administration of the budget, expenses, accounting and financial record keeping. S/he will support the recruitment and employee evaluation and ensure regular and timely communication and facilitation of operational goals and objectives.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in effectively managing a large farming operation including the production of field and vegetable crops, preferably organic or biodynamic
- Demonstrated success in the effective management and supervision of staff and volunteers
- Financial management and budgeting
- Upkeep and maintenance of facilities and farm equipment
- Maintenance of excellent records of financials, crop production, GAP certification, pesticide applications, organic certification, soil health, and other documents
- Marketing of agricultural products
- Coordination and management of applied research crops preferred
The Farm Manager’s position is a full-time, salaried position. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates, regardless of race, gender, age, or sexual orientation, are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.