Online Advertisement and Listings:
The Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment at the University of Massachusetts Amherst manages four off-campus research/outreach farms (Agronomy and Vegetable Research and Education Center, Joseph Troll Turf Research Center, Cold Spring Orchard Research and Education Center and the Hadley Farm Equine and Livestock Research and Education Center). It also manages off campus office facilities for several Extension outreach programs. This position plans and manages activities pertaining to teaching, research and outreach on the farms and off-campus office facilities, directs and supervises the daily operations of the farms including production activities, maintenance, and fiscal management of these facilities and the hiring, management and supervision of farm employees.
- Master’s degree in agricultural, biological, engineering, education or business management or related field.
- Three years farm management experience including supervisory methods and practices. (Additional experience preferred.)
- Supervisory experience of multiple staff.
- Experience planning and implementing budgets.
- Knowledge of safe equipment operation procedures.
- Computer, interpersonal, communication, and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Required to work some nights and weekends.
- Experience in land or property management.
- Academic experience in agricultural research and Extension.
- Experience with farm equipment operation and maintenance.
For more information on the Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment, please visit www.ag.umass.edu. For more information including minimum qualifications and application instructions, please visit:
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.