Carversville Farm Foundation is hiring a Herd Manager with significant experience managing all types of livestock in a pasture-based system, including cattle, sheep, goats, hogs, and poultry. We are currently building a multi-species grazing operation that will include a state-of-the art cow and goat dairy to support fluid milk bottling and an onsite creamery.
The ideal candidate will be willing to make a long term commitment to build this operation from the ground up and possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years of herd management experience on a multi-species, pasture-based livestock farm
- Experience working on a dairy including both grazing and milking
- Experience on a Certified Organic farm or dairy is a major plus
- Holistic Management training or grazing planning and recordkeeping
- Multi-species cover cropping and management with livestock
- Willingness to work under the Farm Manager and alongside the Field (Crop) Manager to ensure that there is always an excess of diverse forage to sustain a grass-based dairy.
This is a salaried, full time, permanent position. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes 100% paid health, dental, and other benefits. For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Carversville Farm Foundation, a 501(c)(3) public charity, produces free organic food for populations who lack access to a balanced diet; trains at-risk youth through farm, culinary, and other apprenticeships; and nurtures organic farms through cooperative purchasing and other programs, as well as providing education and information exchange. Utilizing advanced sustainable farming methods, the farm works to provide these services while simultaneously regenerating the agro-ecosystem.
Carversville Farm Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.