Long Island, New York
East End of Long Island Farm Apprenticeships:
Apply now to be a farm apprentice on the East End of Long Island. AFI connects individuals who are interested in working on an East End farm with farmers who want to share their expertise. We work with a range of small, sustainable farms, each with different business models and varying educational programs. Most farms provide housing, fresh produce, and a stipend, while apprentices receive intensive, hands-on training. An East End farm apprenticeship offers the opportunity to gain experience in:
- Mixed vegetable, herbs, and cut flower production
- Greenhouse production
- Pastured poultry, sheep, and beehive management
- Marketing and other business management skills
- Educating and interacting with community members at CSA pick-ups, farmers markets, and more.
- Opportunities to network within the farm community and deepen your educational experience through AFI’s CRAFT program
AFI’s apprentice service offers the opportunity to apply to multiple farms through one application. Go to http://www.amagansettfoodinstitute.org/programs/apprentice-matching to learn more and apply.