A pioneer in sustainable agriculture since the 1960s, Wolfe’s Neck Farm (WNF) is a Freeport-based nonprofit agricultural campus close to the greater Portland metro area, set on 626-acres of incredible beauty, consisting of a unique mix of ecological systems: forest, marsh, pasture lands and four miles of coastline. Our programs focus on connecting people all ages with sustainable agriculture. Thousands of people are attracted annually to the farm for programs and events where they learn about sustainable farming, gain a greater understanding of where their food comes from, and how they can be more active participants in the food system. Integral to the Wolfe’s Neck Farm experience is interaction with our diverse array of pasture-raised animals.
Wolfe’s Neck Farm believes strongly in the power of using our special campus to bring people of all ages to the farm for immersive and powerful hands-on learning experiences and memorable events. Wolfe’s Neck Farm currently has two primary types of events that take place during three seasons: 1) private events where community groups, families and businesses can rent space to hold their gathering and; 2) Wolfe’s Neck Farm events designed to connect people to the farm, our programs and locally raised, grown and produced food. Wolfe’s Neck Farm seeks an Event Coordinator who will oversee and manage both types, ensuring that all events taking place at Wolfe’s Neck Farm are enjoyable, safe, well-organized and represent the best the farm has to offer.
- Provide effective management and coordination of all organized events held at Wolfe’s Neck Farm
- Ability to design and implement an Events plan that can achieve revenue goals, support the mission of and remain consistent with the Wolfe’s Neck Farm brand and experience
- Help develop and manage the Event budget and oversee marketing and sales of events and facility rentals
- Ensure effective management of event-related partnerships. Seek out new partnerships that will help support events goals.
- Ensure timely and appropriate response to all facility rental inquiries. Provide tours and manage the facility rental sales process
- Effectively recruit, work with and provide direction to volunteers assisting with events.
- Develop relationships with local businesses, farmers, food producers, community members, and organizations that will help support WNF and the surrounding community
- Secure support from the local business community as sponsors for events
Skills and Qualifications
- Two plus years of hands-on experience in coordinating and managing events
- Relevant marketing and sales experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and public communication abilities including excellent writing and computer skills
- Strong organizational abilities, time management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Experience with creating and managing partnerships
- Energetic, dynamic and engaging personality
- Strong commitment to working within the local community and people of all ages
- Ability to work well independently, as a member of a high functioning team and developing effective working relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be able to work a variable work schedule, which includes work on weekends
The Event Coordinator is a part-time, year round position. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. As a year-round employee the Event Coordinator is eligible for benefits offered by Wolfe’s Neck Farm, including: health insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and our retirement savings plan.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Event Coordinator as the subject line. In the interest of reducing waste, please do not mail a hard copy of your materials. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP. No phone calls please. Position posted 1/11/16.
Wolfe’s Neck Farm Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace.