Ghent, New York
Love Apple Farm, located in Ghent in the Hudson River Valley of New York, is looking for a full-time retail manager for their farm store.
Retail Farm Store Manager Job Description:
- Oversee design of farm stand (new building)
- Select products to be sold in farm stand in addition to home grown products
- Responsible for the day to day running of the store, including weekends and holidays
- Responsible for achieving financial objectives of the farm store by overseeing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing sales activities, determining competitive pricing, studying trends, etc.
- Maintains the sales records, meets budget, and tracks activity on a daily basis
- Identifies current and future customer requirements, ensures availability of merchandise, maintains inventories, and coordinates the flow of products from the stock room to the sales floor
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees on a seasonal basis
- Responsible for maintaining housekeeping standards and the farm store’s visual objectives by arranging merchandise
Retail Store Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Background in farm stand retail, food prep, grocery and/or restaurant management is a plus
- An energetic , outgoing, customer oriented personality is required
- Strong planning, decision making, and organizational skills is essential
- Capable of overseeing budgets and meeting budgetary goals
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to LAF@timeequities.com.