Job Description: Under the direction of the Farm to School Manager, implement, and oversee the Farm to School Summer Program and accompanying Farm to Fork cooking lessons and ensure that the mission of Sustainable Nantucket and the goals of the Farm to School Program are upheld.
June: – June 6th – 30th
Preparation & Training
- Introduction to Sustainable Nantucket, partnering farms and organizations
- Review of summer program and all curricula and lessons with F2S manager and make any adjustments needed
- Prepare all lesson material, order and organize supplies
- Meet with and train additional staff
Summer: July 1st – September 2nd
Summer Program: Responsible for overall Camp operations
- Facilitate daily lessons
- Record and document daily activities including any adaptations for future programming
- Complete weekly PR statements including photographs detailing highlights of the program
- Oversee 1-3 Farm to Fook youth cooking classes weekly using established curricula
September 3rd – 12th : 15 hours
Wrap up –
- Review the program with the Farm to School Manager and partnering programs
- Record and document success and detail any changes for future programming
- Complete wrap up PR statements and photographs detailing highlights of the program.
- Organize and place in storage all Summer program material
$18/hour: 35 hours/ week Monday–Friday 8:00am – 3:00pm
- Minimum age 21.
- 2 years of summer camp experience or combination of youth program and supervisory experience.
- Interest in agriculture and environmental stewardship.
- First Aid and CPR Certifications or ability to obtain within the first month of employment.
- Requires strong communication skills, positive attitude, initiative, flexibility, dependability, creativity and ability to work and problem solve as a team player.
- Ability to support and connect with campers and staff.
- Ability and willingness to learn on the job in an environment that changes quickly.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- CORI authorization
To apply please send a cover letter and resume the Farm to School Manager at F2S@sustainablenantucket.org