As a picker you will ensure that the fruit is picked, graded, inspected, labeled and packaged appropriately.
- You will pick and sort mushrooms quickly and accurately into the following categories; Premiums, Kitchen Grade, Seconds and Scrap.
- You will package mushrooms while ensuring the proper number of clusters in each box and accurately weighing each box.
- You must pick the fruit according to company standards, while establishing high standards of quality and productivity.
- Fruit Picking
- Fruit Sorting; Premiums, Kitchen Grade, Seconds and Scrap
- Fruit Packaging
- Quick decision making
- High level of dexterity
- Detail oriented
- Flexible in your work shift.
- Available on Saturdays & Sundays (will vary)
- Positive attitude
- The goal for a picker is to pick 150-200lbs while meeting our high quality standards.
- Pickers must conduct their duties in accordance with USDA and GAP instructions. Required Experience
- As a picker, you must make decisions on what is acceptable fruit quality for our customers and what is not. At the same time, you must attempt to maximize the saleable fruit and minimize trash. You must strike a balance between quality and profitability.
- You will spend an entire work day on your feet
- You may be required to lift from 10-25 pounds.
- You may also be required to bend, stoop, twist and lift overhead.
- You will be subjected to varied work hours.
- When the fruit is ready to harvest, it must be picked that day.
Therefore, picking hours are subject to the many variables that affect our products’ ripening—light, temperatures, time of the year etc.
High School Diploma or GED preferred.