Copicut Farms hiring Multiple Full-Time Positions
Copicut Farms is a small family-run farm located in Dartmouth, Massachusetts. We specialize in pasture-raised livestock including chickens, turkeys, ducks and pigs on our 30 acres of farmland. We operate one of only a few State-licensed on-farm slaughtering facilities allowing us to raise and process all of our own poultry in a healthy and humane manner. We sell the majority of our products directly to customers through our farm-share program, farmer’s markets, and from our farm store.
We farm because we believe strongly in providing healthy, humanely-produced and processed meats and eggs to local consumers. We also believe that healthy environments breed healthy communities and are committed to managing our farm in a manner that takes full advantage of all of our land’s natural resources in an efficient and ecologically-sustainable manner.
We are hiring 2-3 full-time seasonal employees to assist with farm and farmers’ market work from mid April through late November in 2016. Employees will be expected to work 40-45 hours a week. Work hours are generally between 7:00 am-5pm, and may include weekends as well as occasional early morning or evening work as needed. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Feeding of livestock
- Rotating livestock to fresh pastures
- Catching and crating of poultry for processing
- Slaughtering and processing poultry
- Egg collection, cleaning, and packing
- Farmer’s Market Sales
- Landscape maintenance
- General construction and carpentry
- Packing and unpacking of farmers’ market trucks
- Interest in working with animals
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs
- Ability to work full-time from mid-April through late November, with some flexibility.
- Willingness to work long hours completing physically demanding tasks
- Sense of humor
- An interview is required prior to hiring
- Pay rate is commensurate depending on experience.
- On-farm housing is available.
- Complimentary farm products including .
- Hands-on education in farm management, livestock production, and sales
- Worker’s Compensation coverage
Please send letter of interest, resume, and two work-related references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.