Head Cook/Kitchen Manager for Stillman Quality Meats, LLC.
Stillman Quality Meats, LLC is a sustainable livestock farm located in Hardwick, MA. specializing in grass-fed beef, lamb and pastured pork and poultry- including chicken, turkey and seasonal water fowl. Our farm operation is unique- we are fully integrated, raising and processing all of our livestock in our on-farm poultry abattoir and red meat processing facility. In addition, the farm operation features a commercial kitchen where we produce a variety of value added meat and food products to be sold through our retail outlets on farm and in the Boston area. We currently operate 20 farmers’ market sites in the Boston area and are expanding our year round booth at the Boston Public Market.
The Head Cook/Kitchen manager is responsible for the following:
- Scheduling and managing 2-3 cooking staff
- Personnel training
- Work closely with the farm team to develop menu items and best utilize farm products
- Stocking farm kitchen, inventory management and weekly product procurement
- Menu development
- Maintain high food safety standards; food safety logs and production logs
- Meeting and communicating with farm customers, chefs and clients to develop menus.
- Food prep for scheduled events and farm retail outlets
- Prepare and maintain kitchen budget: Documenting & control of food costs
- Occasional staffing of farm retail sites
- Responsibility to maintain a clean and safe food kitchen environment
- 2+ years cooking in commercial kitchen environment
- Experience managing staff
- Serve Safe Certificated
- A passion for Farm-to-Table cooking
- Able to work under pressure in a cook-serve environment
- Knowledge of varying cook techniques
- Valid driver’s license with no recent moving violations
- Interest in developing a value-added product line with farm products
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- A positive, motivated and flexible work attitude- essential!
This position is currently 25-35 hrs per week with the potential to increase seasonally and with further farm kitchen development. Compensation: This position is paid hourly. $14-$16 based upon experience. Position is available immediately. Interested applicants should email with questions or to apply send a resume, cover letter and two references to