Various locations, Massachusetts
Copicut Farms hiring Farmers’ Market Staff
Copicut Farms is a small family-run farm located in Dartmouth, Massachusetts. We specialize in pasture-raised livestock including chickens, turkeys,and pigs on our 30 acres of farmland. We operate one of only a few State-licensed on-farm slaughtering facilities allowing us to raise and process all of our own poultry in a healthy and humane manner. We sell the majority of our products directly to customers through our farm-share program, farmer’s markets, and from our farm store. We farm because we believe strongly in providing healthy, humanely-produced and processed meats and eggs to local consumers.
We are hiring 1- 2 part-time or full-time seasonal employees to assist with farmers’ market work from June through late November in 2016. Employees will be expected to work 20-40 hours a week. Work hours may include weekends as well as occasional early morning or evening work as needed. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Packing and unpacking of farmers’ market trucks
- Driving farm vehicles to and from markets
- Set up and breakdown of market booth
- Maintaining temperature logs
- Attending to customers
- Interest in working with people and animals
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to work from June through late November, with some flexibility.
- Willingness to work long hours completing physically demanding tasks
- Sense of humor
- An interview is required prior to hiring
- On-farm housing is available.
- Complimentary farm products included
- Hands-on education in farm management, livestock production, and sales
- Worker’s Compensation coverage
To Apply Please send letter of interest, resume, and two work-related references to: email@example.com.