Various Locations, Maine and New Hampshire
Seasonal Dairy Farm Position: Farmers’ Market Sales (Southern ME/NH)
Farmers’ Market Sales Person $10.00/hr
- Pick up of all farmers’ market supplies at the farm the morning of market.
- Transportation of all market supplies to market location, set up and breakdown of table and running sales in between.
- Answering questions and communicating with customers in a friendly manner while facilitating sales.
- Security of cash box, point of sale equipment, market supplies and product during working hours.
- Return of all market supplies and unsold product directly after market close.
Successful Applicants Will:
- Hold a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Be friendly and customer oriented
- Be punctual, detail oriented, reliable and observant
- Have an interest in and commitment to supporting the local food movement
- Be interested in all aspects of running a farmstead creamery business
Please respond via email (email@example.com) with your resume, three references and a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position.
Seasonal Dairy Farm Position: Cheesemaking (Acton, ME)
Cheesemaking Assistant $15/hr
- Successful applicant will be trained in all aspects of cheesemaking.
- Sterile technique for handling dairy products
- Pasteurization process and documentation
- Cheesemaking procedures for different types of cheese
- Maintenance of aging cheeses
- Packaging, labeling, logging inventory for all dairy products
- Filling orders for wholesale customers
- Filling and logging cooler contents for farmers’ market days
- Be interested in a commitment through the milking season which lasts from March through November
- Be punctual, reliable, observant and detail oriented
- Be able to lift a 5 gallon pail of water (50lbs) repeatedly
- Be interested in the processes involved in operating a farmstead creamery
- Be interested in and committed to the local food movement in New England
Please respond via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume, three references that we may contact and a cover letter describing your interest in this position.