Farm Assistant: Field Work, Sales & Specialized Tasks
Easy Pickin’s Orchard is accepting applications for seasonal positions
at our fruit, berry & vegetable farm / orchard in Enfield, CT
* Job Descriptions:
We have part-time and full-time positions available, depending on the type of duty and your availability. Training for these jobs will be provided, but previous farm experience is encouraged.
We’re looking for people who enjoy putting in a good day’s work, doing a job carefully and thoroughly !
We are hiring for positions including: retail, assisting in our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program, irrigating our vegetable fields and orchard, and maintaining the overall appearance of our farm.
- Retail: selling our produce at area farmers’ markets and at our pick-your-own farmstand; you must be available on weekends. Previous experience in a high-volume grocery, food service or other sales and customer service environment is strongly preferred.
- Assisting in our CSA program: working closely with a small team to harvest and pack weekly shares for our CSA members, and delivering shares off-site if needed. Good knowledge of, and experience in handling, fresh local produce is a plus.
- Irrigation: we will train you in how to maintain our system, which requires attention to detail and good organizational skills. Previous experience, and/or a science background, is preferred.
- Maintaining the farm’s appearance: includes mowing and weeding the orchard and vegetable fields during the week.Experience in operating a tractor and heavy farm machinery is required.
* How to Apply for these Positions:
Send your résumé with a cover letter to us at: email@example.com;
specify your qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying.
Some of this work starts NOW, so apply ASAP !
Our season is already in progress, and runs from now through November.
* To learn more about Easy Pickin’s Orchard: visit us at our: