Job Description: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Farm to School Coordinator will cultivate and maintain the Farm to School teaching garden, develop and implement curriculum-integrated programming, perform outreach in schools and community, and connect local farms with school food services.
- Oversee daily operations of the Farm to School Program
- Crop planning, planting, and maintenance of the Farm to School Garden
- Coordinate, plan and instruct Farm to School related lessons in classrooms that meet core curricular requirements
- Plan and implement extra circular activities including but not limited to Garden Explorers, Farm to Fork Cooking Classes, Summer Program, and Family Garden Workshops.
- Perform program administration duties including but not limited to program outreach and communication, budgetary management, log and record program details. Oversee Farm to School support staff.
Ideal Candidate will:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental studies, education, nutrition or similar area of study.
- Two years work experience in youth programming and/or education
- Competent in farming or horticulture and experience and understanding of cooking basics Interest in food policy, environmental stewardship and/or nutrition.
- First Aid and CPR Certifications or ability to obtain within the first month of employment.
- Requires strong communication skills, positive attitude, initiative, flexibility, dependability, creativity and ability to work and problem solve as a team player.
- Ability and willingness to learn on the job in an environment that changes quickly.
- CORI authorization
Please send resume and cover letter to Kathleen at F2S@sustainablenantucket.org