Outreach Coordinator Position Description
Reports to: Executive Director & Program Director
Starting hourly wage: $14
RVF2S offers hands-on educational activities related to nutrition, farming and food preparation in school gardens, on farms, and in school cafeterias to over 10,000 preschool-12th grade students each year. RVF2S is increasing local foods in school meals. We inspire an appreciation of local agriculture that improves the economy and environment of our community and the health of its members.
RVF2S is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated and detail-oriented individual.
- Provide general operational, administrative and program support to organization
- Make presentations that publicize RVF2S’s goals, programs, needs and volunteer opportunities with a strong, positive image to relevant audiences
- Create eNewsletters and manage mailing lists
- Manage social media accounts and website content for RVF2S and the Siskiyou Challenge
- Seek, coordinate, track and represent RVF2S at outreach opportunities
- Promote active participation by volunteers
- Maintain online program and volunteer calendars, and tracking documents
- Coordinate volunteer trainings and appreciation events
- Create digital and print promotional materials
- Assist with fundraising and fundraising events
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in F2S
- Coordinate staff meetings
- Oversee event and volunteer coordination for the Siskiyou Challenge
- Communication with school principals and parent teacher organizations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to RVF2S mission and values
- Ability to work independently and as part of an evolving team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of people, including co-workers, teachers, school district staff, donors and volunteers
- Excellent communication skills over the phone, in person and in groups
- Solid written communication skills
- Organized and diligent record-keeping skills with great attention to detail
- Committed to continuous learning, a can do attitude
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers
- Dependability and willingness to be flexible with schedule availability
- Ability to think creatively and respond to a changing environment
- Experience advertising and promoting programs
- Information technology skills to support office operations
- Experience with Squarespace, MailChimp and basic graphic design skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced growing non-profit environment
Ability to use personal vehicle for RVF2S business (mileage reimbursement for work travel), a safe driving record and current vehicle insurance.
This position requires some weekend work and may require early morning or evening work.
To apply, please email your resume along with three references and a cover letter that includes your response to the following questions in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- What experience do you have that qualifies you for this position?
- What was it about this position that attracted your attention?
- Why do you want to work for RVF2S?
Application deadline: June 15 or until filled
RVF2S offers attractive benefits including paid time off for holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Most work is performed from our office in Ashland, hours can be flexible.
For additional information about the organization, please see our websites at